I'd like to suggest combining reminder functionality with the "run a program" event action. That way, provided that the program is also passed some event data, it would be easy (with some programming skills) to add very special reminders. To make my point clear, here's what I need to do:
- I have an online calendar for project group coordination; it is read-only (it's part of a content management system)
- our project members should receive mail reminders on events in that calendar, but the list of receipients depends on the nature of the event; for example, some events are only relevant to group leaders while others need everybody's attention
- as I cannot configure such selective mail reminders in the content system itself, I'd like to use VueMinder as a relay:
- first I'm going to subscribe VueMinder to the online calendar and define the hypothetical program-running reminder as a default
- when it is time to remind people of an event, it will then run a script or program (provided by me) that analyzes the event, determines the receipients and sends the mails away; for that of course it is necessary to pass the event information to the program/script
- the type of event or the addressee could simply be encoded into the event title/summary, for example [Leaders],[Everybody] etc.