Vueminder Pro won't sync to Google Calendar

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
remo_253

Vueminder Pro won't sync to Google Calendar

Post by remo_253 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:28 am

I'm trying to setup a sync from VM to Google then to my phone. I initially had it working, sort of. The data came across but I had lots of duplicates in Google that were then sync'd to the phone.

I decided to start over and deleted all the phone and Google entries and renamed the VM calendar to the same as the Google Calendar just in case the difference was causing a problem.

Now I can't get the VM to Google part to work at all.

I'm using VM 10.1.8, Windows 7, 64bit. The steps I've taken:

1. Went to Calendar Properties, verified "Sync with Google Calendar" is checked, "Sync Automatically" is checked and it has my correct Gmail account.

2. I've tried both 2 way and 1 way VM to GC.

3. I've tried while logged into Google and while logged out.

When I click "Sync Now" nothing happens. I watched for network activity in Resource Monitor and VM shows up with just a few bytes worth of activity. The "Last Sync'd" date stays yesterday, 4/10, when I first tried it and got the duplicate entries. I added a new event to VM so there'd be a new entry, in case it looked for changes. Nothing I do will trigger a sync.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Vueminder Pro won't sync to Google Calendar

Post by VueSoft » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:10 pm

Hi remo_253, I believe the link between VueMinder and Google Calendar was severed when you deleted the calendar from Google. VueMinder is trying to sync, but it can't sync with a calendar that was deleted.

Please try this:
1. Open the Calendar Properties in VueMinder by double-clicking the calendar's name.
2. Uncheck the "Sync with Google Calendar" box on the Google Calendar tab.
3. Click OK.
4. Open the Calendar Properties again.
5. Check the "Sync with Google Calendar" box on the Google Calendar.
6. Click the "Sync Now" button and wait for the sync to finish.
7. A new calendar will be added to Google Calendar. Reload the web page if it's open. You should see the new calendar in the list on the left. The name will match the calendar name in VueMinder.
8. Update your phone to sync with the new calendar.

Please let me know if that doesn't fix it.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

remo_253

Post by remo_253 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:46 pm

Thanks, that resolved the issue of the initial sync. I now have the calendar info on Google and on the phone.

Now I have a new problem...changes to the calendar aren't sync'ing. I added an event to VM today, waited awhile and checked Google. The event wasn't there. Since "sync automatically" was checked I'd hoped it would be. I then opened the VM calendar properties and clicked "sync now". In the Status Bar I see "synconizing....with Google Calendar" for about 3-5 seconds. The "Last Synced" date/time doesn't change (still shows the date/time of the initial sync) and the update never shows on Google, even after several hours. Edit: I both refreshed the google calendar and signed out and back in.

Btw the sync is setup as 1 way, VM to google.

Suggestions??

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:17 pm

I don't know. It should just work. Maybe the steps linked in the FAQ article below will fix it.
http://www.vueminder.com/index.php?page ... ing#FAQ306
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA