Startup and Taskbar behaviour

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Zebo777

Startup and Taskbar behaviour

Post by Zebo777 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:37 am

1) When I minimize VueMinder, close it, and restart it, it comes up in the last "non-minimized" (window/maximized) state. It does not retain its minimized status.
2) When you start VueMinder, it does not shows up in the System Taskbar. It shows up in the System Tray, and it is added to the Taskbar only after I click its icon in the System tray.

These behaviours don't seem to follow the conventions I am used to.
Is this intentional?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Startup and Taskbar behaviour

Post by VueSoft » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:58 pm

Hi Zebo777, the behavior you're seeing is intentional. VueMinder is designed to run quietly in the background when minimized, while still showing or sending reminders when scheduled. When minimized, you'll only see the VueMinder icon in the task tray (aka notification area).

However, you can override this behavior. In the Program Options (accessed via the Options menu), check the box labeled "Always show taskbar icon".

As for starting VueMinder in the minimized state if it was minimized when last exited - there's no option to do that (and it's not a standard convention in any of the Windows programs I use). For example, if you minimize Microsoft Word, exit Word, and restart Word - it's not minimized when it restarts.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Zebo777

Post by Zebo777 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:22 am

Hi Dan.
Checking or unchecking the box labeled "Always show taskbar icon", has no effect for me. It behaves the same way in either case. Here is what happens:

Action: I start VueMinder.
Result: - VueMinder opens in window/maximized mode.
- VueMinder icon is present in System Tray.
- No Vueminder entry in the TaskBar.

Action: - Click on VueMinder Icon in the System Tray.
Result: - VueMinder window flashes off and on (on my slow machine it actually disappears for a fraction of a second).
- VueMinder entry is inserted into the TaskBar.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:27 pm

Hmm, that's odd. There should always be an icon on the task bar when VueMinder is not minimized. I've never seen the behavior you describe. In any case, I've made some changes for the next version that I believe will solve the problem.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Zebo777

Post by Zebo777 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:57 am

I just updated to 10.1.9, and this indeed fixed the problem.
Thank You.