OmniFocus Calendar Sync Problem

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
James

OmniFocus Calendar Sync Problem

Post by James » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:25 am

OmniFocus publishes an ICS file for users to allow "calendar" applications to sync reminder information.

I am able to download the ICS file directly via the calendar subscription URL using a web browser. I am also able to access the calendar via other calendar applications.

However, using VueMinder, it reports that the server returns 401: Unauthorized.

I can't imagine what VueMinder would be doing differently than my web browser (Chrome) when I manually submit my credentials.

This URL works via browser and other calendar applications, but not VueMinder:
https://sync.omnigroup.com/<---MYUSERNA ... inders.ics

It fails with SSL checked and unchecked... or with the proper credentials supplied in the "Server requires authorization" area, and also when forcing VueMinder to pop up a log in dialog.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: OmniFocus Calendar Sync Problem

Post by VueSoft » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:32 pm

Hi James, I'm not sure why you're getting a connection error. Have you verified the correct username and password are entered?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

James

Post by James » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:06 pm

Yes, I have verified that the credentials are correct. I've been pretty meticulous about it, as I've spent over an hour trying to troubleshoot this issue.

Using the same username and password (clipboarded) that I'm using with Chrome's authentication dialog, I continue to get the 401 error.

I have tried accessing the URL to the ICS via Opera, and I am able to access it with the credentials that I supply to both Chrome and VueMinder.

If you'd like, I can PM you the credentials and URL.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:23 pm

Hi James, if you're comfortable with sending the username and credentials, that would help me determine why it's not working. You can PM the info or send it to support@vueminder.com.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA