Google Tasks / Calendar

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
RKing

Google Tasks / Calendar

Post by RKing » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:12 am

There are not too many programs that survive on my machine for more than 6 months.
There are even less programs that I am willing to pay for.
And there's an even smaller subset of programs that I use for longer than 6 months, that I paid for, that I allow to start at boot. That subset contains just one program.

That's how much I love Vueminder.
It's always been slightly buggy, but it does what I need better than any calendar program I've used.

I have multiple clients that rotate in and out of my life. Each one gets his own Google Task Calendar, so I know what I need to do next for each client.

Vueminder has become alarmingly less trustworthy. Lately it's bringing back tasks that I've already completed, or refusing to assign a task to another calendar.

Last night, for example, I created a task noticed it was in the wrong calendar and tried to properly assign it (Using the assign to calendar right click option). That task disappeared as if I had pressed the delete button.
Tried to assign to a different calendar from the new task window. First that duplicated the tasks, and then both new tasks mysteriously disappeared.
Turned off my machine overnight, and Vueminder brought back every task I completed in the last month or so, as well as the tasks that disappeared last night. But it brought them back as if they had never been completed. (Not a problem for last night's ghost tasks but a humongous problem for the 70 or so total tasks I completed for my active clients over the last month).

I would really like to go back to go back to trusting Vueminder. Can you fix it?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Google Tasks / Calendar

Post by VueSoft » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:54 pm

Hi RKing, welcome to the forums and thank you for the feedback. I've made corrections for the next version which I believe will solve the problems you encountered. I apologize for the inconvenience and will post a reply when the next version is available to download.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

RKing

Post by RKing » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:14 pm

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Looking forward to the update.
Keep making stuff that we need. We appreciate the effort.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:12 pm

Version 10.1.8 is now available and should solve the problems noted above when re-assigning tasks to different calendars. There are also many other corrections, detailed here:
http://www.vueminder.com/index.php?page ... y-ultimate

To update, click the "Check for Updates" command on the Help menu.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA