Items come & go on calendar when I click a date

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
plevans

Items come & go on calendar when I click a date

Post by plevans » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:01 pm

I've had this problem since I got the program last year. I kept hoping an update would fix it. When I view my calendar by month, and click on a day, some items disappear or appear, in both the day that I clicked, and on other days. Sometimes this also happens when I just pause the mouse over the calendar. It's a problem because I'll go to the calendar to see what appointments I have, and I can easily miss one. I do try to click on the day to make items appear that I couldn't see, but this doesn't always work. Today I could not get an item to appear that I knew was there. But when I viewed the calendar in "week", it showed up, so I know it was there. But I don't like to look at the week view because of how it shows events that overlap in time (of which I have a lot, since I track schedules for multiple family members).

Is there a fix coming for this soon? As my schedule has gotten more and more busy, this is becoming an increasing problem. Thank you.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Items come & go on calendar when I click a date

Post by VueSoft » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:23 pm

Hi plevans, welcome to the forums. I wasn't aware of the problem you describe. My first guess is that maybe it's related to word wrapping. If you're using the Pro or Ultimate version, click the settings button in the upper-right corner and uncheck the "Word wrap" option. Do you see any improvement after doing that? If so, please let me know so I can narrow my search on what is causing this behavior. It's difficult to debug because I'm unable to duplicate the problem.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

plevans

Post by plevans » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:45 am

Hi Dan,
I did as you requested and un-selected the word wrap. It doesn't jump around at all now. I considered leaving the word wrap off, but I really need it in order to see the entirety of my entries.

Thank you for all your help!

--Lisa

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:10 pm

This was a very intermittent problem and difficult to track down, but I believe it has been fixed in version 10.1.8. To update, click the "Check for Updates" command on the Help menu. Please let me know if you still see the problem after updating.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA