Hangs when PC is off company network

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
FAEngineer

Hangs when PC is off company network

Post by FAEngineer » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:21 pm

Hi! I have VueMinder Ultimate. It works great when I'm at the office, but when I launch it at home it hangs after it displays the splash screen. If I then log in to work via the company's iPass/VPN it launches fine. I don't use any of the email or SMS, etc. I primarily use it only for the calandar and contacts portion at this time. Is it looking for some sort of email server when it launches? If so, is there a way to disable that? I really need to be able to use it from home without logging in to the corporate VPN every time. My company-provided PC is an HP Elitebook 8570 laptop with 4 GB memory, an Intel Core i5-3320M microprocessor at 2.60 GHz. It's running Windows 7 64-bit with McAfee antivirus software. Any ideas??

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Hangs when PC is off company network

Post by VueSoft » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:52 am

Hi FAEngineer, welcome to the forums. I'm not sure what is causing VueMinder to hang when you start it from home. Where is the data folder located? Please open the Program Options and take a look at the "Data folder" field. Is this a path that you can only access when connected to your work network? If so, that might explain the hang up.

If you're sharing calendars through VueMinder Server, and the server is running on a computer at work, you might see a 20 second delay while VueMinder attempts to connect to the server. However, it shouldn't completely hang. How long does the splash screen display if you don't connect to your work network? Does VueMinder continue loading after the connection times out (after 20 seconds)?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

FAEngineer

Post by FAEngineer » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:23 pm

Hi Dan,
Thanks so much for your reply. As far as I know, I have no shared calendars. The data folder is on the C: drive which is local. I tried to upload a few images to you but I'm getting an error message. The images are screen captures of some of my settings. There's a problem on the "Shared" Options dialog box. Text is missing towards the middle and bottom. Is there a way to send the images to you?
Thanks in advance for your help! I really appreciate it!
--Sue

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:10 pm

Hi Sue, can you attach the screenshots to an email and send it to support@vueminder.com? I'm not sure if the problem you're seeing in the Sharing Options is related, but I'll take a look.

I still think there's something VueMinder is trying to access that's only on your work network. Can you think of anything else you might have added to VueMinder - possibly a subscription to an ICS file that's on your work network or maybe links to files? Also, could you try the "Backup Data" command on the File menu and ensure the backup path is not pointing to a location on your work network?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA