Automatically add reminder for new remote calendar events

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Pastafarian

Automatically add reminder for new remote calendar events

Post by Pastafarian » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:36 am

Hi,

I've just installed the evaluation version of VueMinder and I already like it. Especially because it's the first calendar app I see that allows for defining local reminders on read-only remote calendars. This is very important for me because the calendar we're using for team sync at work is only accessible via one way feed (at least for me).
But it seems that I have to add reminders manually whenever a new event appears in the calendar. Is there an option to automatically add reminders for new remote events?

Best regards,
Alex

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Automatically add reminder for new remote calendar event

Post by VueSoft » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:23 pm

Hi Alex, welcome to the forums and thank you for trying VueMinder.!

You can enable reminders by default. To do this, double-click the name of your read-only calendar. This will open the Calendar Properties. On that window, there will be a tab named "Event Defaults". Click that tab and then configure a default reminder. Click OK when finished.

If your calendar is a subscription, any new events will automatically get the default reminder. If it's synced with Google Calendar, click the "Google Calendar" tab on the Calendar Properties window and make sure the box labeled "Apply event defaults to new events" has a checkmark.

Note, the default setting won't affect events that were previously synced. It will only affect new events. If you want all previously synced events to have a default reminder, open the Calendar Properties again. At the bottom of the "Event Defaults" tab, check the box to apply these defaults to new calendars. Click OK and then delete the calendar by right-clicking its name and selecting "Delete Calendar". When the calendar is re-added, all events will get the default reminder that was specified.

See the link below for a better explanation of how this all works:
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... ntdefaults

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Pastafarian

Re: Automatically add reminder for new remote calendar event

Post by Pastafarian » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:31 pm

Hi Dan,

thanks for your quick and helpful reply. That's exactly what I was looking for. I should have figured it out on my own, it's quite straightforward.

From what I've seen so far you and your team have done an excellent job programming vueminder, it's well considered, easy to use and has some features that I badly missed in other software. I think you'll have a new customer soon.

Best wishes,
Alex