Lost Categories

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Lorenzo

Lost Categories

Post by Lorenzo » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:43 pm

I have just updated to 10.1.6 of the lite version from the previous one, and when I entered a new event and went to assign a category, all categories disappeared, all colours disappeared.
Never fear, I though, I'll restore category.xml from the backup. I did that and the colours reappeared on the calendar, but alas, the categories remained "disappeared" from the category list, as in the screenshot.
Any idea on what the best course of action could be to restore everything to its previous state? Using W7U-64 if that makes any difference.
Thanks
Lorenz

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Lost Categories

Post by VueSoft » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:16 pm

Hi Lorenzo, I'm not sure why the categories aren't loading. Have you tried rebooting? If rebooting doesn't fix it, there might be something wrong with the categories file. Can you send a copy of the categories file to support@vueminder.com? The file is named "categories.xml" and is located in the folder where VueMinder saves its data. The path can be found in the Program Options. Click the folder button on the right side of the "Data folder" field to open the folder. The file only contains category names and colors - no other personal data.

I'll try loading the file to see if I get the same problem. If I can duplicate the problem, then it should be fairly straightforward to find what is causing it to happen.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA