Can sync google calendar but not google tasks in Vue Pro

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
landroverphile

Can sync google calendar but not google tasks in Vue Pro

Post by landroverphile » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:20 pm

Hi fantastic calendar. Still trying to get my head around all the features and what it can do. I much prefer it to outlook. I used to use the Lotus Notes calendar years ago. Vueminder is like that on steroids.

Ok google cal syncs fine but if I create a task in google it wont sync to vueminder and vice versa. ..I have tried importing google tasks. There are a number of settings and im new to this so any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Rover

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Can sync google calendar but not google tasks in Vue Pro

Post by VueSoft » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:29 pm

Hi Rover, welcome to the forums and thank you for the feedback.

To sync VueMinder with Google Tasks, click the "Add Google Tasks" command on the File menu. The documentation linked below explains this feature in more detail:
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... tasks.html

Note, Google has a concept of "task lists", which is basically equivalent to VueMinder's support for multiple task calendars. When you add Google Tasks to VueMinder, please make a note of which task list(s) you're adding.

VueMinder can layer all your Google task lists (calendars) into a single view, but the Google Calendar web page can only display one task list at a time. If you add tasks to the Google Calendar web page and they don't appear in VueMinder, you might not be syncing with the same task list that is active on the Google Calendar web page. You can change which task list is displayed on the Google Calendar web page by clicking the "Switch list" button in the bottom-right corner.

Also note, tasks won't sync as frequently as events. They can be configured to sync every hour or every day. It's possible you're not seeing your tasks because the calendar hasn't automatically synced yet. You can manually sync a task calendar by right-clicking its name and selecting "Sync Calendar" on the popup menu.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you still can't get tasks to sync, or if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

landroverphile

Re: Can sync google calendar but not google tasks in Vue Pro

Post by landroverphile » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:23 pm

Many thanks for your prompt reply Dan. I will try those things and report back.

Cheers