VueMinderPro USB

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Mound10

VueMinderPro USB

Post by Mound10 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:57 pm

I just bought the USB version. I have a desktop and laptop. The problem when I used my laptop (which is a windows 7 but older than my desktop) the program comes up but it is loaded with reminders and other popups. The reason I bought the USB version was to avoid this on my laptop. While running USB on my laptop I cannot make any backup of data on my laptop. I uninstalled the version (same as desktop) off the laptop but the USB won't let me do any data backups on the laptop and it won't let me reinstall the non USB version of 10.1.5 back onto the laptop saying I have a previous version installed (I tried several times to uninstall VM). I would like to be able to back up my data on VM (in case I am away from home using the laptop only). By the way VM via USB works slow on my laptop) but I at least avoid 20 mins of waiting while the program sorts itself out. Any help would be appreciated The USB device I am using is an other maybe 2GB one. .

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: VueMinderPro USB

Post by VueSoft » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:11 am

Hi Mound10, welcome to the forums. What happens when you use the "Backup Data" command on the File menu of the USB version? You said the USB version won't let you backup your data, but I don't understand why that would be the case. Can you provide more detail? Are you getting an error message or something when you try to backup the data?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Mound10

Post by Mound10 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:33 pm

That issue was solved by just transferring data form VueMinder PRO to the USB but my issue now is upgrading USB from 15 t 16 every time I try (by transferring data to USB from the PRO version transfers data but not the new version. When I try to upgrade from the USB version running (and the PRO version not running) it jut freezes and I have to use task manager to get out of it. I tried (after downloading file) to backup up after saving data and not saving data in both cases it went "not responding".

Mound10

Post by Mound10 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:53 pm

I solved this problem by downloading the update to a file on my desktop then running that file updating my USB. I am now on 16 on the USB. To bad it won't work by using the USB alone. It will download the updated file but when you try to close the calendar to update it freezes and only the task manager will get out of it.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:06 pm

Hmm, I'm not seeing this in my tests. In any case, I'm glad you were able to get it updated. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA