bandwidth hog

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
gdrco

bandwidth hog

Post by gdrco » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:09 pm

Hello,

We are having a huge problem with Vueminder processes using gigs of bandwidth across our network. We have two sites that use Vueminder - one in CA and our main offices here in Seattle where the Vuesoft instance is located. Does has anyone else come across this problem and how did you fix it? We've shut off Vueminder on those machines until we can figure out what the deal is. My plan was to move the DB off of the crappy desktop it curenttly resides to our data center and onto a real server that houses other sql db, but I cannot do this until we figure out the current issue.

Notes:

our vueminder db is very small around 11 megs
it currently resides on a XP machine using the out of the box sql express and was installed with vueminder_server_1.0.4_x86

thanks,

gdrco

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: bandwidth hog

Post by VueSoft » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:07 am

Hi gdrco, welcome to the forums. I'm not sure why you're seeing such high bandwidth use. I haven't seen this in my testing or had any other reports of this happening.

You mentioned that you installed version 1.0.4 of VueMinder Server. It's possible installing the latest version (1.0.5) of VueMinder Server will fix it. You can download the latest version here:
http://www.vueminder.com/index.php?page=download

Note, before running the VueMinder Server setup, make sure VueMinder is exited on all computers. Also, after the installation is finished, you'll need to re-enable calendar sharing on one of the computers (via the "Sharing" tab on the Calendar Properties). On the other computers, remove the previously shared calendars and then re-add using the "Add Shared Calendar From Local Network" command on the File menu.

Hopefully that will clear up the problem. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA