Alarms to work

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
nyankee

Alarms to work

Post by nyankee » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:11 am

I got everything installed and looks to be working fine. When i set alarms it pops out on the desktop for me and network. Problem is when i try to choose which users will get the alarm or see an event in the shared calendar over the network, nothing shows up. I won't even get the reminder. I dont know if I am not putting in the correct users. I did not find anythign helpful on the manual. Do i put in the user name as it appears on the network, example computer names of the other pcs? or do i have to create user names, if so how would i link them to the proper PC?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Alarms to work

Post by VueSoft » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:28 am

Hi nyankee, welcome to the forums and thank you for the feedback. There appears to be a bug when the option to show reminders to specific users is enabled. The event creator won't get the reminder unless their user name is also listed.

I've fixed this for the next version and will post a reply when it's ready to download. In the meantime, as mentioned above, the workaround would be to enter your user name along with other user names you want to see the reminder.

As for what should be entered for the user name, it's whatever name is used to log into Windows. The user name typically isn't tied to specific computers when running on a network.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:50 pm

Version 10.1.6 has been released and fixes the problem with shared reminders not appearing to the event creator if specific usernames are entered. To update, click the "Check for Updates" command on the Help menu.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

nikkil

Post by nikkil » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:46 pm

Thanks! That was really quick. I'll give this a try later on.