Sync'ing with multiple calendars.

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
jassing

Sync'ing with multiple calendars.

Post by jassing » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:53 pm

I have 3 basic calendars -- one is a local calendar that I keep track of bills, chores, etc.
the other 2 are both google-based calendars. One for work, and one for 'public' to see "busy times"

I was hoping I could enter a calendar item and then have it sync'd back up to the google calendar showing free/busy etc. but it appears I have to enter it 3 times, one for each calendar, is this true? (any chance of it changing?)
If it's true, is there a way to mark them so only one shows up?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Sync'ing with multiple calendars.

Post by VueSoft » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:44 am

Hi jassing, welcome to the forums. I don't understand why you'd need to enter an event 3 times. For example, if you have an event you need to add your local calendar, such as a household chore, why would you also need to add this to your work calendar? Likewise, if it's a work event, why would you add it your your local/home calendar? VueMinder can sync with both of your Google calendars and overlay all events into a single view.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

jassing

Post by jassing » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:17 am

Work uses google calendar, I also use a google calendar for 'family events' If I have a family event, I also need to enter that in the work calendar as "not available"; in order for it to show up in both calendars, it needs to be entered twice. Is there a way around that?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:09 pm

Thank you for clarifying. Unfortunately, I can't think of any workaround.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA