10.1.4 freezes

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
stanfield

10.1.4 freezes

Post by stanfield » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:30 pm

All of a sudden I have the program come up and show the reminders; it says at the bottom sending sms reminder, and i can't change settings or anything on the screen. it does not respond. I have uninstalled and reinstalled without success. when I remove it keeps the settings and wants to send the sms which I don't have.
thanks,
mike

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: 10.1.4 freezes

Post by VueSoft » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:55 pm

Hi Mike, welcome to the forums. Did you accidentally enable an SMS reminder for an event? In any case, attempting to send the reminder should simply fail if your settings haven't been specified - not cause things to freeze. I'm not sure what is causing that to happen. It might be your security software interfering with VueMinder and causing weirdness. Could you try adding an exception for VueMinder to your security software and see if that helps?

If that doesn't fix it, exit VueMinder by right-clicking the VueMinder icon in the task tray and selecting "Exit". If the icon doesn't respond, end the process named "vueminder.exe" by using the Task Manager. Use Windows Explorer to open the data folder where VueMinder saves its settings. The default path depends on the version of Windows you're using and your username:
Vista/7/8: C:\Users\YourLoginName\AppData\Local\VueSoft\VueMinder
XP: C:\Documents and Settings\YourLoginName\Local Settings\Application

Within that folder there will be a file named "ProgramSettings.xml". Delete that file and then restart VueMinder by using the shortcut on the Start menu or desktop. Does that fix it?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

stanfield

Post by stanfield » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:07 am

dan,
I deleted the file. That did not fix it. I need to delete the calendar data that is sending the sms. I have changed the item on the other computer and even assigned it to another calendar but it still starts the sms and won't get past that. I need to eliminate the data calendar and setup completely i think.
thanks
mike

stanfield

Post by stanfield » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:17 am

dan,
I deleted the data and restarted it; worked fine so far!
thanks

nikkil

Post by nikkil » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:56 pm

Hi Stanfield. Please bear with me since I got lost on the conversion. Which data did you deleted the fixed this issue?