Syncing Meetings in Exchange

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
rj_franklin

Syncing Meetings in Exchange

Post by rj_franklin » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:59 pm

Meeting appointments originating from someone else often do not sync from the exchange server to vueminder. A new meeting request that I have not responded to (using outlook email) will usually appear in the vueminder calendar; However, once I accept the request and/or the meeting organizer changes the appointment, then the appointment will disappear from vueminder and not show up again. If I remove the exchange calendar from vueminder and re-add it, then existing meetings will appear. But, when a new meeting request is accepted, the problem occurs again.

The short hypothesis, with out thorough testing, is that when an appointment is modified by anyone other than me, after it is initially created, then it will not sync to vueminder.

Any ideas?

rj_franklin

Re: Syncing Meetings in Exchange

Post by rj_franklin » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:22 pm

Forgot to mention version 10.1.4 ultimate.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:28 am

Hi rj_franklin, thank you for the feedback and welcome to the forums. I've found what is causing the problem and a correction has been made for the next version.

If you're curious, whenever a meeting notice is updated, it's actually deleted and a new one created (if you look in the Deleted Items folder of Outlook, you'll see deleted meeting notices each time there's an update). This was throwing VueMinder's syncing off in the case of a meeting notice that comes from someone else. The notice was being deleted, but then not re-added because of a timing issue that resulted in VueMinder thinking the meeting was actually no-kidding deleted.

I'll post a reply when the next version is available.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

rj_franklin

Post by rj_franklin » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:57 am

Thank you for explaining the issue and fixing it. I'm looking forward to the next version.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:17 pm

Version 10.1.5 is now available. Meetings will no longer disappear if organized by another person and edited outside of VueMinder. To update, click the "Check for Updates" command on the Help menu.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA