Change Google Account associated with calendar

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
flyingcat

Change Google Account associated with calendar

Post by flyingcat » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:32 pm

I have 2 Google accounts - a personal account and an academic account.

Somehow one of my calendars has become associated with the incorrect account and I cannot find how to change the account information within Vueminder Pro so that it syncs with the correct Google account.

I do all my calendar stuff within Vueminder then sync it one-way, that is, from Vueminder Pro to Google Calendar.

The problem now have is that one of my calendars is syncing with the wrong Google account and I cannot figure out how to reassign it to my other account.

Any idea how I can change the account information in order to get it syncing with the correct Google account - any help would be highly appreciated as I've spent hours trying to do this without success!

Many thanks in advance.

Frank

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Change Google Account associated with calendar

Post by VueSoft » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:43 am

Hi Frank, I'm not sure what happened to cause the account to be switched. In any case, you should be able to fix it by following these steps:
1. Open the Calendar Properties of the calendar that is syncing to the wrong account.
2. On the Google Calendar tab, uncheck the box for syncing.
3. Right-click the VueMinder icon in the task tray and select "Exit".
4. In your web browser, log into the correct Google account.
5. Restart VueMinder using the shortcut on the desktop or Start menu.
6. Open the Calendar Properties.
7. On the Google Calendar tab, check the box to enable syncing. Adjust the sync direction if desired.
8. You might be asked to allow access. If so, paste the access code into VueMinder.
9. The calendar should now sync to the correct Google Calendar account. Wait a few seconds for the sync to finish and then refresh the Google Calendar web page to confirm the calendar and its events are present.

Please let me know if that doesn't work, or if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

flyingcat

Post by flyingcat » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:55 pm

Thanks Dan - your well written instructions worked perfectly.

Kind regards.

Frank.

vickiwatson

Post by vickiwatson » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:07 am

I am having the same problem.

I followed all the instructions. It shows in my Google calendar that vueminder is connected. And in Vueminder it says that it has synced (using the correct google account) but no events from my desktop calendar appear in the google calendar. I have synced several times and refreshed the web page.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:50 am

Hi vickiwatson, welcome to the forums. Is the calendar configured to sync 2-way? Please open the Calendar Properties in VueMinder (double-click the calendar's name) and then look at the "Sync direction" field on the "Google Calendar" tab. Make sure this is set to 2-way, which requires the Pro or Ultimate version.

Next, click the "Sync Now" button. Wait for the sync to finish and then reload the Google Calendar web page. Look at the list of calendars on the Google Calendar web page. There should be a solid-color box next to the name of the calendar that is synced with VueMinder. If the box is not filled, click the calendar's name to make it visible. If you still don't see your events, try clicking all the calendars until you find the one that is syncing with VueMinder.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

vickiwatson

Post by vickiwatson » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:27 am

Yes, sync is set to two-way.

I've attached a jpg with 3 screenshots showing the sync completion message, the calendar listed in the google calendar settings and the calendar listed in calendar view and selected -but still the events do not appear.

Okay, your image upload didn't work.

Here's the image:

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:11 pm

Thank you for the information.

What happens when you add a new event to VW's Calendar in VueMinder, on today's date? The event should appear on Google Calendar's webpage after the calendar syncs and the web page is refreshed. It works correctly when I try it, so I don't know why it's not working in your case. Maybe you have a firewall or something that is blocking VueMinder from sending data.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

vickiwatson

Post by vickiwatson » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:59 pm

I added a new event and it did add that to the google calendar when I synced it.

But none of the existing events are added. Shouldn't it have added everything on my vueminder calendar to the google calendar?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:56 pm

Existing events should have been included on the initial sync. I'm not sure why that didn't happen. When I test it, any existing events get uploaded to Google Calendar when the calendar is first configured to sync. Without being able to duplicate the problem, I'm not sure what caused it.
Dan Chartrand, Founder