ProUSB update

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
GreatLakes

ProUSB update

Post by GreatLakes » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:59 am

Hi Dan,

I have upgraded my local computer to newest version 10.1.3. After clicking on upgrade, it downloads upgrade, then closes my VueMinder automatically after the download and apllies the update.

The ProUSB downloads the upgrade but won't close the ProUSB automatically so that the upgrade can be applied. If I exit out of ProUSB, then it is too late for the upgrade to be applied.

When you have a new version number, could you always have a direct upgrade link to ProUSB or correct the ProUSB upgrade procedure so that Pro USB automatically closes and applies the upgrade?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: ProUSB update

Post by VueSoft » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:23 am

The update should be closing VueMinder automatically so the new version can be applied. You can manually install the Pro and Pro USB updates by using the links below, but this shouldn't be necessary:

Pro: http://www.vueminder.com/download/VueMinderLatest.msi
ProUSB: http://www.vueminder.com/download/VueMinderProUSB.exe
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

rgdot

Post by rgdot » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:16 pm

I'd like to report that the same thing happened to me (Pro USB 10.1.2), I noticed that the VueMinderProUSB.exe (green arrow icon) in the VueMinder folder was downloaded and I just double clicked that manually to update

GreatLakes

Post by GreatLakes » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:09 pm

Hi Dan,

Instead of using your manual download link, I tried to update again from ProUSB. The same thing happened after the download. The message said that the ProUSB was open and update could not be applied because ProUSB was open. Unlike the Pro version from a local program, the ProUSB did not automatically close so that the update could be applied.

However the previous reply was correct. If you first download ProUSB, you would have to manually close ProUSB first, then click on the previous downloaded update to apply to the ProUSB. This seems to be different than what happens automatically in the local VueMinder Pro version. I have now successfully updated but only after manually closing ProUSB first before installing the update.
Not a big deal once I understood this.

Thanks for your swift reply, as always.