Stopping email reminders

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
oreo@qcol.net

Stopping email reminders

Post by oreo@qcol.net » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:41 am

Dear Sir,

I love my viewminder program but, I have email reminders that are trying to be sent to my email address and it is slowing down the whole program. How do I get rid of them? To be more specific, whenever the regular football season was on I had reminder of the football games sent to my email address. Now it is still attempting to send them and bogging down the whole system. Please provide me with guidance to get rid of them.

Terry McCarty

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Stopping email reminders

Post by VueSoft » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:08 pm

Hi Terry, if you no longer need the football season calendar, the easiest solution would be to delete that calendar. You can do this by right-clicking the calendar's name in your list of calendars and select "Delete Calendar" from the popup menu.

If this calendar had email reminders automatically enabled for events, then you probably adjusted the default calendar settings to include an email reminder. If you no longer want email reminders for new calendars or events, open the Calendar Properties for one of your calendars (it doesn't matter which one). On the "Event Defaults" tab, uncheck the box for sending an email reminder. At the bottom of the tab, check the box labeled "Use these defaults for new calendars" and then click the OK button.

Note, this setting only applies to new events, not events that have already been added and that have an email reminder enabled. You can disabled email reminders on individual events by opening the Event Editor and unchecking the "Send email reminder" box on the "Reminder" tab.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

nikkil

Post by nikkil » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:51 am

Thanks.Just to check, is there a maximum reminder that we can only set to have an acceptable overall performance?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:10 pm

There's no limit to how many reminders can be defined. However, if you have many reminders (as in over 30,000), you might start to see performance decrease.

I'm not sure why Terry was seeing decreased performance when VueMinder was attempting to send email reminders. It might be due to incorrect email settings or it could be some security software interfering and causing a slowdown.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA