Recurring Events

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
tvegas

Recurring Events

Post by tvegas » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:29 pm

I have the latest version and I'm getting any events that have been set to repeat are doing so with an end date of 12/31/9998. They are popping up after being deleted several times as well. Why is this?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Recurring Events

Post by VueSoft » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:56 pm

Hi tvegas, I'm not sure why you're seeing this problem. It sounds like something is corrupted in the data file. If possible, could you generate a backup of the data using the "Backup Data" command on the File menu and then email this to support@vueminder.com, so I can try to determine what is causing the problem (and possibly fix the data file)? All data will be kept strictly confidential and will be removed as soon as I've finished.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

nikkil

Post by nikkil » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:00 pm

Hi buddy, I think this is a setting issue. Have you tried to create a support ticket yet so they can duplicate this from their end?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:31 pm

I've found what was causing the problem and a correction has been made for the next version.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

tvegas

Post by tvegas » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:15 pm

What was the problem?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:59 pm

You really want to know? It was a problem in the logic of a 3rd-party component that VueMinder uses. The component has separate properties for the recurrence limit type (no limit, limit by date, or limit by occurrence count) as well as the limit value (date or number of occurrences). It's not clear to me how it could happen, but apparently these properties could sometimes get out of sync with each other, so the limit type could be based on a date, even if a date was never specified. An unspecified range limit date defaults to Dec 31, 9998.

I've overridden the component so its range limit properties can no longer get out of sync. If the date range value has never been specified, then the range limit type will be "no limit" instead of using a date. The only difference you'll see is that recurring events that previously had a range ending date of Dec 31, 9998 will have a range "No end date" instead.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

tvegas

Post by tvegas » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:53 am

I just wandered because this issue almost brought myself and my IT guy to fisticuffs. I hope he doesn't read this post....because I'm still blaming him.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:10 pm

Version 10.1.3 has been released. You should no longer see recurring event ranges ending in the year 9998. They'll have no ending date unless otherwise specified. To update, click the "Check for Updates" command on the Help menu.
Dan Chartrand, Founder