Version 10.1.2: Snooze doesn't hide/close reminder popup

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Ron

Version 10.1.2: Snooze doesn't hide/close reminder popup

Post by Ron » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:43 am

Hi Dan,

First of all: Happy New Year!

After my update to v10.1.2, the "Snooze" button on the reminder popup doesn't hide/close the popup.
This happens on both my desktop (with VueMinder Server) and on my laptop.

Ron

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Version 10.1.2: Snooze doesn't hide/close reminder popup

Post by VueSoft » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:03 pm

Hi Ron, I'm not sure why you're seeing this behavior. Have you tried rebooting? If that doesn't fix it, maybe reinstalling will.

Try uninstalling via the Control Panel (this won't remove any data). After uninstalling, re-install by using the link below:
http://www.vueminder.com/download/VueMi ... 10.1.2.exe

Does that fix it?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Ron

Post by Ron » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:58 pm

Hi Dan,

Rebooting or reinstalling VM didn't make any difference.

I've done some more testing. As I mentioned in my original post, the problem occurs on both my desktop (the VueMinder server), running Win7 Ultimate x64, as on my laptop running Win7 Home Premium x64. Both systems fully updated. The desktop is a pretty clean machine (not yet many programs installed on it).

The first update to v10.1.2 was done on the laptop while the server desktop was powered off. After I noticed the problem on the laptop, I powered it off (to prevent sharing being active) and started and updated the desktop, resulting in the same problem occurring on the desktop.

I also have an older desktop (which will be replaced by the desktop mentioned above), also running Win7 Ultimate x64, and an old laptop running Win7 Ultimate x86. On these two systems Vueminder had been installed in the past, but wasn't used anymore (the laptop still had only v9.1.1 on it).

After updating these systems, they too showed the same problem. (also updating these two systems has been done one at the time, the system being updated and tested being the only one of the four systems to be on. (BTW, all four systems use US English windows versions if that matters).

Another observation (on all four systems) is that when I close the reminder popup (top right close button on the reminder popup) after hitting the snooze button, the snooze time has been adjusted, as indicated by the event popup while hoovering the mouse over that particular (test) event on the main calendar window.

However NO new reminder popup is shown at the correct (new) time. What does happen (again visible in the mouse hoover event popup) is that the time indicated in the "Popup reminder will be displayed 04-01-18.06" keeps running: at 18.10 it will say "Popup reminder will be displayed 04-01-18.10" and two minutes later it will say: "Popup reminder will be displayed 04-01-18.12". This timer increment still continues after the real events time has been reached.

All in all, a very weird situation.

Ron

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:17 pm

Hi Ron, thanks for the information. Do you recall which version you were using before you updated to 10.1.2? Was it an older version or have you been keeping the installations up to date?

Since I'm not able to get this behavior to happen (and nobody else has reported seeing it), I'm guessing the problem has something to do with the data. If possible, could you send me a copy of the data file so I can try debugging the problem? You can use the "Backup Data" command on the File menu to generate a backup file and then send it to support@vueminder.com. All data will be kept confidential and removed as soon as I've finished debugging the problem.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

Ron

Post by Ron » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:02 pm

Hi Dan,
First of all a correction of my previous post: My old desktop is running Win7 Ultimate x86, NOT x64.

Do you recall which version you were using before you updated to 10.1.2?

Yes I do (and I re-checked the version numbers of the vueminder.exe files from before the update to v10.1.2 in the Acronis TrueImage archives I have of all four systems:

Current Laptop: v10.1.0
Current Desktop: v10.1.0

Old Laptop: v9.1.0
Old Desktop: v10.0.0

The only systems on which the calendars are in sync (and up to date) are the current laptop and desktop. On the two "old" systems VueMinder is not active normally (not being (auto)started), also sharing has been disabled on those two systems.

As I wrote before, the current desktop is pretty clean (application-wise) because I'm in the process of installing and configuring my programs on this system. When I have finished this process, the old desktop will be replaced by the "current desktop".

One other observation: I have a "real" (recurring full day birthday) event planned for next Monday (Jan. 7th). I have snoozed it's initial reminder for one day from it's first popup (the original reminder was set to "go off" two days before the event's start). Of course I had to manually close the reminder popup after having hit "Snooze". What happens is that each and every time I boot my Current Laptop or Desktop, a reminder for this event does popup, although the full day snooze had not yet passed.

I'll email the data files from all four systems to you in a single zip file.

Ron

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:08 pm

Hi Ron, thanks for the data. I've found what is causing the problem and a correction has been made for the next version.

In the meantime, in the Reminder Options, either check the box labeled "Combine popup reminders into a single window" or uncheck the box labeled "Warn if a reminder is snoozed past the start time". After doing this, reminders should snooze properly.

I'll post another reply when the next version is available, so you can restore the Reminder Options back to your preference.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

Ron

Post by Ron » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:40 am

VueSoft wrote:..... uncheck the box labeled "Warn if a reminder is snoozed past the start time". After doing this, reminders should snooze properly.....

Thanks Dan, this did the (temporary) trick.

Ron

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:12 pm

Version 10.1.3 has been released and fixes the problem with reminders not snoozing. To update, click the "Check for Updates" command on the Help menu.
Dan Chartrand, Founder