Events changing colors automatically

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Tim Lukey

Events changing colors automatically

Post by Tim Lukey » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:33 pm

I recently upgraded to v10.1.0

Within a few days of the upgrade, VueMinder lost my entire calendar and all settings. When I loaded the program it attempted to initialize me as a new user.I used the restore data feature and was able to recover my calendar.

Now a few days later, every time I click on a day, Vue Minder changes the colors of all of the events to a sea green. This undercuts the use of colors to help me organize and recognize M events. Again, I can restore my old calendar and then have the meaningful colors displayed, but they only last as long as my clicking on them in day or week view.

I welcome suggestions on how I can restore normal functionality.

Thanks.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Events changing colors automatically

Post by VueSoft » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:48 am

Hi Tim, welcome to the forums. I've never seen the behavior you describe, so I'm not sure what is causing it. Do the options on the View menu, under "Color Events Using" help at all? If not, can you send a backup copy of your data to support@vueminder.com, so I can try to determine what is causing the colors to change? All data will be kept strictly confidential and will be deleted my my system as soon as I've finished diagnosing the problem.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Tim Lukey

Re: Events changing colors automatically

Post by Tim Lukey » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:40 pm

Dan,

Thanks for the quick response and offer of assistance. I clicked on the View menu under "Color Events Using" and noted that the calendar color option was marked. I switched this to the "Category Colors" option and the original category colors were restored throughout the calendar.

Many thanks.