3 small issues

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Abhi

3 small issues

Post by Abhi » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:54 am

1. The tasks that I delete in VueMinder reappear after syncing, i.e. the deleted tasks are fetched back from Google calendar.

2. In month view, some tasks get hidden behind others. Like a task A would always be hidden behind task B if they both are placed in the same day.

3. A maximize/restore button appears along with other buttons. However, nothing happens on pressing it. Only when the window is restored and then maximized using Windows buttons, that button disappears.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: 3 small issues

Post by VueSoft » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:59 pm

Hi Abhi, thank you for the feedback.

1. I'm not sure why you're seeing this behavior. When a task is deleted in VueMinder, that deletion should sync to the task list in Google Calendar. At least, that's the behavior I see when testing. The only explanation I can think of is maybe your computer clock is off. VueMinder and Google Calendar use timestamps to determine which items need to sync. If the clock time is off, the syncing could get confused. Please try syncing your clock with an internet time server and let me know if that doesn't fix the problem.

2. I'm not sure what is causing this one either. How many tasks do you have defined on the days that exhibit this behavior? Does using the zoom in/out button in the upper-right corner have any effect? Could you send a screenshot to support@vueminder.com?

3. On the Window menu, click "Reset Window Layout". Does that fix the problem?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Abhi

Post by Abhi » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:22 pm

Thanks for the help.

1. I always keep the PC clock synced to the Windows time server. I checked Google Calendar, it too is set to the correct time-zone. There is a peculiarity to the problem. Like I mentioned, when I delete a task in VueMinder, it gets fetched back from Google. However, if I delete the “fetched back” task in VueMinder again and then again sync, it happens correctly, i.e. the task gets deleted in Google Calendar. So basically it takes two passes to delete a task and sync correctly.

2. Yeah, I used the zoom feature. Even when I zoom to the maximum level so that the month view shows only a week and there is enough space to display all tasks, still some tasks stack over other tasks. On clicking any task, however, all the tasks unstack. Give me some time to upload screenshots because my current tasks are a bit personal. :oops:

3. Well, "Reset Window Layout" would remove all layout-customizations I have made and I’ll have to make them again. It’s not a big issue at all, I can live with it. :)

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:47 am

Hi Abhi, thank you for the feedback.
1. I always keep the PC clock synced to the Windows time server. I checked Google Calendar, it too is set to the correct time-zone. There is a peculiarity to the problem. Like I mentioned, when I delete a task in VueMinder, it gets fetched back from Google. However, if I delete the “fetched back” task in VueMinder again and then again sync, it happens correctly, i.e. the task gets deleted in Google Calendar. So basically it takes two passes to delete a task and sync correctly.
I'm not seeing this behavior in 10.1.0. Can you confirm you're using that version? Please click the "Check for Updates" command on the Help menu.
2. Yeah, I used the zoom feature. Even when I zoom to the maximum level so that the month view shows only a week and there is enough space to display all tasks, still some tasks stack over other tasks. On clicking any task, however, all the tasks unstack. Give me some time to upload screenshots because my current tasks are a bit personal.
I think this might be an intermittent problem related to word wrapping. I'll let you know when it's fixed. In the meantime, try disabling the word wrap feature. To do this, click the settings button in the upper-right corner (looks like a gear) and then uncheck the "Word Wrap" option. Does that fix it?
3. Well, "Reset Window Layout" would remove all layout-customizations I have made and I’ll have to make them again. It’s not a big issue at all, I can live with it.
Sorry, I'm not sure how else to fix it. You could save your current screen layout using the Window menu. Try resetting the window layout and then open the layout that you saved. If the problem returns after opening the layout file, could you email me that file? It doesn't contain any personal data, just the window layout settings. You can email it to support@vueminder.com.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA