My Black Theme: almost finished but need some help

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
tacchan23

My Black Theme: almost finished but need some help

Post by tacchan23 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:35 am

After two full days I managed to "compete" my black theme (at least the most important areas).
I attach a screenshot.

Some questions:
1) when a Day is selected, on the Header appears a dotted border. Is it possible to remove it somehow?
2) the AllDayEvent area is skinnable at the moment? I couldn't find a way to do it
3) is it possible to change the icons of the buttons such as "Today", "Go to date", "Zoom in/out", "Settings", "Maximize", the "orgage filtering" button and "Search"?
4) is it possible to change the color of the orange time indicator?

Attachments
Screen1.jpg
Screen1.jpg (270.64 KiB) Viewed 3819 times

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: My Black Theme: almost finished but need some help

Post by VueSoft » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:41 am

Hi tacchan23, the theme looks great!
1) when a Day is selected, on the Header appears a dotted border. Is it possible to remove it somehow?
I've improved the next version to no longer show the dotted border. It's not really necessary when the selected day gets a different background color.
2) the AllDayEvent area is skinnable at the moment? I couldn't find a way to do it
I've fixed this in the next version. It will be skinnable like the other areas of the window.
3) is it possible to change the icons of the buttons such as "Today", "Go to date", "Zoom in/out", "Settings", "Maximize", the "orgage filtering" button and "Search"?
Unfortunately, it's not possible to change the icon on those buttons.
4) is it possible to change the color of the orange time indicator?
Sorry, there's no UI role for the current time indicator.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

tacchan23

Post by tacchan23 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:40 am

So I'll wait for the next version to finish my theme with the AllDayEvent and TimeLine areas (I also just noticed that the Year View also has a white area I can't manage to skin).

Maybe you are not willing to do it... but if you could also consider to replace at least the Settings and the Filtering orange icons to some other colors would be nice. Maybe the kind of usual silver/grey shiny icon would fit every theme (in case I can provide you such icons).
Finally about the time indicator, could you maybe change it to red? (it should work on every theme too is also more noticeable anyway) I really hate orange ahaha

Where can I post my theme? and do I have to post also the ToolbarsUser.xml if someone wants to use my icons too? (I wasn't able to improve much on 16x16 images, but at least they fit better the black theme I think)

OT: I have Windows 7 and I have VueMinder pinned to the taskbar but it still gets minimized (and the tab looks like when the app is closed) every time I click on the VueMinder tab.
Is there an option to disabled this behavior? I'd like it to behave like every other apps, click on it once to bring to front and click on it again to move it to the back.
I don't want it to ever be minimized to the icons area of the taskbar.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:44 pm

Hi tacchan23, thanks for the feedback.
I also just noticed that the Year View also has a white area I can't manage to skin
I have fixing this on my to-do list and will post a reply when a correction is available.
if you could also consider to replace at least the Settings and the Filtering orange icons to some other colors would be nice. Maybe the kind of usual silver/grey shiny icon would fit every theme
I've changed the settings button to a bright blue instead of orange. I didn't want to use a silver or gray icon because this button is probably the single most important button in the entire program, and one that many people never seem to be able to find. I'm hoping a bright color will draw the eye to this button, instead of making it gray where it would blend in with the rest of the buttons.

I've changed the "clear filter" button to silver. This is another important button that some people have trouble finding, but I think showing a label next to the button clues most people into what's going on and what the button is for. If I get a lot more people asking why their events aren't visible, I might need to restore the color of this button so they'll be more likely to see it and click it before sending a support request.
Finally about the time indicator, could you maybe change it to red?
This one is hard-coded orange in the 3rd party component that I'm using. I can override the color, but it's a little more work. I'll make this an advanced option so the user can pick which color they want, but it might be a while before I have this completed because there are some other things I'd like to implement first.
Where can I post my theme? and do I have to post also the ToolbarsUser.xml if someone wants to use my icons too?
I've created a new sticky thread under General Discussions for posting theme files. The thread is linked below:
http://www.vueminder.com/forums/phpBB3/ ... f=6&t=1002
OT: I have Windows 7 and I have VueMinder pinned to the taskbar but it still gets minimized (and the tab looks like when the app is closed) every time I click on the VueMinder tab.
Is there an option to disable this behavior?
In the Program Options, check the box labeled "Always show taskbar icon".
I don't want it to ever be minimized to the icons area of the taskbar.
The task tray icon can't be removed, but it can be hidden by customizing the task tray. Click the arrow in the task tray and select "Customize". Note, the task tray icon provides some useful commands when right-clicked.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

tacchan23

Post by tacchan23 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:20 am

Thanks for planning to fix the Year and Timeline views!
Anyway for my usage, the most important one to fix would be the Details pane. Hope you can fix that first :D

The new settings icon color looks very nice for me! Maybe you can make the filtering button background the same color? it would be more visible for people who has problems to notice it maybe (and also looks nice with my blak/blue theme :lol: )

Also a custom color for the time indicator would be awesome! Of course take your time, just happy it's in your plans!

I really didn't notice the "Always show taskbar icon" option, now works perfectly as I want!

I'll post my theme in the thread you made.
Thanks a lot for everything!