Can't get Outlook Exchange Calendar

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
etm

Can't get Outlook Exchange Calendar

Post by etm » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:35 am

On my other computer, some time ago, I was able to add the Outlook Exchange calendar from my job to Vueminder Ultimate. Now I have a new computer, and it's not working. It's not able to recognize for find any calendar on my work account. It shows a folder at first which says, "My Calendars," but when I click on it, the folder disappears, and an error message pops up which says: "The response received from the service didn't contain valid XML."

Obviously it's possible to do, because my other computer is getting the feed from my Exchange work calendar, which is still worker. But I can't remember how I did it before, while it's not working now.

Any one have any ideas about this?

Eric
Attachments
Exchange Problem.PNG
Exchange Problem.PNG (56 KiB) Viewed 441 times

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Can't get Outlook Exchange Calendar

Post by VueSoft » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:03 am

Hi Eric, welcome to the forums. The error message you're seeing could be caused by a variety of things. Please make sure you're entering the correct username and password on the "Connect to Exchange Server" window. A typo could result in this error.

Also, check your firewall settings. It's possible the firewall on your new computer is blocking VueMinder from connecting to Exchange, or truncating the response VueMinder is getting back from Exchange, which is resulting in the error message. You might need to add an exception for VueMinder to your firewall.

If that doesn't fix it, the documentation linked below explains how to connect VueMinder to Exchange Server. Maybe there's something in this documentation that will help you remember what you did on your previous computer:
https://www.vueminder.com/products/vuem ... endar.html

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

etm

Post by etm » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:07 pm

Well, I tried all those things: I definitely am using the correct credentials; the firewall already had exceptions for VueMinder; and the linked instructions show exactly what I'm already doing.

It stills gets the "service didn't contain valid XML" error. What does that mean?

How can see what I configure on the other computers, to see if there is any difference?

etm

Post by etm » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:53 pm

Good news--After installing the most recent update (2020.3), I thought I'd give it another try, and this time it worked. Whatever changes were made in the update have resolved this issue for me. Thank you!

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:22 pm

Hi Eric, I'm glad the update fixed the problem. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA